This article is all about language immersion. When I was researching on this topic, I happened to discover few interesting facts which I thought I will compile and present in an organised article so that anyone can understand.
Well, if you are on the lookout for Spanish immersion daycares then you have come to the right place. You should check out the website of the Casa De Corazón, who recommended Intellectual Early Learning. They are a unique child development Centre and Day-care that specialise in education using Spanish immersion.
Now, for the ones who do not have a very clear picture of what a Language immersion is or have any questions regarding the same, let me define language immersion and list some facts about the same.
What is Language immersion?
Language immersion is as simple as teaching a new language to someone by using the same language as a medium of instruction. By this, the learner gets more acquainted with the language and the understanding and reciprocation of the language comes more naturally.
It is basically based on the principle that’s the best way to learn a new language using the language to communicate.
Some facts on language immersion language teaching programs
- This technique known as the language immersion was first developed in Canada.
- This technique evolved when the common English-speaking parents wanted to teach their children French language by a unique non-conventional method.
- There are many different types of language immersion programs and each one differs in how much time one spends learning or in this case immersing themselves in the language they are learning.
- One type is known as the total Immersion where children spend all of their leaning time immersing themselves in the new language.
- In total immersion practice the entire lesson will be completely taught in the new language and the students are expected to pick up the new language naturally. This is why it is recommended for students in their early ages.
- There are other types of language immersions like partial immersion, two-way immersion etc.
I hope this article helped you get a clear understanding about what language immersion is all about. So, all that is left for you to decide is whether it is the right choice for your child or not. If you are comfortable with this this technique of learning a new language then enrols your kid in the language immersion program.