The pandemic-induced lockdown has utterly disrupted the current education system leaving us in the middle of a global learning crisis. Globally, there are over 1.2 billion children out of the classroom. There is a need for innovation and adaptation to address these issues. Educational practices have subsequently changed a great deal. Worldwide, e-learning has seen a sharp increase. There has been an exponential rise in language apps, virtual tutoring, virtual conference software, and online learning solutions. Various studies have shown that online learning increases retention. Online education has opened a world of opportunities for students. You can do an IoT course, a python course, copywriting course, business management course, among others.
Here are some of the prominent advantages listed below:
- Efficient Approach to Online Learning- Online courses are structured in a way that all the information is easily accessible and understandable. They are usually compiled together for video and audio to ensure better concept clearing retention in the long term.
- Availability of visual illustrations- The video and audios provide deep insight and better clarity about the concept. Visual content is easy to understand, memorize, and retain in comparison with theoretical scripts.
- Global Reach- With online learning, you get the access to study from anywhere and interact with a global community of like-minded learners where you can share your ideas and learn from other unique experiences. Getting an SQL course certification from an international institute is possible with online learning.
- Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality- The incredible feature of virtual reality adopted by the education system where you can learn to go back in time and witness history as if it is repeating itself. The technology of augmented reality will help children view virtual elements in the real environment. AI will also help them solve their math problems just by scanning them. This is making problem-solving very efficient and taking modern learning methods to a new level altogether. It is going to make education more dynamic than it has ever been.
- Flexible Learning- Students get the convenience of learning at their own pace on their own time and even repeating the recorded lessons when necessary. This ease and convenience are essential to suit everyone’s needs.
- Result-oriented Assessment- Effective learning, practical exposure, and skill development are the main objectives of online learning. Therefore, close attention is paid to the assessment of each student and evaluating their progress. Teachers get an accurate report with suggestions to improve the quality of learning and ensure the improvement of each student.
- More Affordable- Since the cost of maintenance is not included in online courses, they are more economical. Institutes also want them to be accessible to everyone. Moreover, you get a wider choice of programs and subjects combinations available online compared to traditional courses. You can effortlessly get an AWS certification online if you are interested.
Despite this, online courses have disadvantages like little face-to-face interaction, lack of discipline and regulation, no time commitment, technical issues, etc. Even so, these can be managed easily with a few steps. The immense benefits of online learning are, however, indisputable.